You never know the kind of situation you are stuck in. With so many worst-case scenarios around, opening the garage door when the power is out isn’t the most favorable option out of the lot. It doesn’t matter whether the problem is because of a brutal storm or even because of the problem caused to your electrical grid. You must have your ways sorted out to ensure that the same doesn’t end up causing a problem when you are trying to open your garage door.
If you have been trying to open your garage door Orleans and don’t want to end up causing an accident, we have some effective steps to share with you.
What do you need to ensure?
If you have your power cut out, some important points need to be kept in mind to ensure the seamless opening of the garage doors without causing chaos in your life. It also helps keep the risks around to a bare minimum as well. To help you further, we have sorted through some of the important steps.
Let us take a look, shall we?
- Start by ensuring that your garage door is completely closed first and then you can work to disconnect the garage door opener as per the requirements around.
- The next thing to do is pull through the emergency cord to then disconnect the door from the garage door opener. Usually, these emergency cords come with a red handle and hang down the center of the garage door mechanism
- Once that is sorted, pull and then lift the garage door opener until the door is wide open. Once opened, ensure that it is completely left open before you move forward to attend to the next thing in line.
- If the attached spring handles in the door are balanced well, they will open up with the lift handles and stay in place. If you find it quite difficult to open the door and it’s becoming difficult, you can easily consult someone professional in this field to get the things done.
- Once everything is done, you can then close the door manually till you find it reaching down to the floor
- Make sure that you check through the lock while closing it because sometimes what happens is when the automatic opener is disconnected, there are chances that the door won’t be locked completely manually until you do so.
- Once the power comes back in, make sure to again reconnect the door ensuring that the door is unlocked when the opener is connected back in.
When it comes to closing or opening the garage door when the power is out, you must follow through the steps as we did mention before. If the process isn’t your cup of tea or you don’t understand something during the process, it is best suggested that you do consult someone professional and get the job done by them.